Monday, February 1, 2010

Life Overhaul


I believe that most change is gradual. Even the times when I did a 180, I find that the gear was set long before I made the turn. And with that, my reasons for not writing, posting or blog hopping as much as I'd like is because I've been overhauling my life.

A while ago I spoke about being on time for work, losing weight, saving money, and making some of my dreams realities... well the other day, I was talking with someone and after that conversation, I made a decision to overhaul my life. My mom tooted up her face at me and my co-worker uh huh'ed me. I'd mentioned the changes I wanted to make plenty of times before and the proof would have to be in the puddin'. That next Monday, I walked into work a whole hour earlier (my original time for work), did all that was on my to-do list, left out the door 8 hours later and headed home to get myself right for the next day. I know I was expected to show up at my regular late time on Tuesday but I shocked my supervisor and myself by showing up early again.

It was something said in that conversation I was having- it was a getting to know you conversation... I was talking about myself and realized how routine my life was but also how messy. My last achievement was 5 years ago and since then I've created this rut that I've been wallowing in. First things first, I needed to be on time - for everything. I needed to get to bed on time. I needed to stop taking advantage and riding through life and really start paying attention to my activities and where I placed all of my energy because lawd knows I was tired all of the time, having nothing to show for it.

Instantly, my energy increased. Instantly eating healthier became easier. My body feels better and I'm getting more done... That brings me back to this... My thoughts are clearer and my creativity is flowing. I put first things first and now everything else is falling into place...


9 comments:

Luv said...

good for you! keep up the good work. it seems 2010 is the year for positive changes for everyone. so um, how is it that your boss is okay with you being late everyday?

ChpterReads said...

Keep it up girl. Very proud of you! I believe in positivity. This is something you've mentioned to me many a time and I think that you've finally listened to the words you gave me and made them work for you. Take things one step at a time and then everything else will fall into place. Continue on your great path, I believe that many good things are in store for you this year and the years to come.

May this new outlook on life and on how you handle things be the beginning of more great things! Happy Monday!

KayC, The Quiet Storm said...

Proud of you. The first few steps are always the hardest.

(((HUGS)))

Monique said...

Its always going to be quite apparent when you want to start bettering yourself who has your back and who doesn't. at the end of the day you have to handle your business for yourself. i'm proud of you for taking the first step and successing. Everyday is an accomplishment, big or small. Hang in there hun.

Just Kel said...

Luv... Thank you Luv. I have a very flexible job and at times I take advantage. I always worked the full 8 hours though - don't cheat the system. LOL

Liryc... Thank you Mama! I remember one conversation we had YEARS ago about lateness and I saw you getting your act together while I seemed to get lazier. Progress has been made! :-)

Kay C... Thank you & you ain't never lied. These 1st steps pain me like a hardcore workout but it's necessary. I need them hugs right about now so I can stay on track.

Mo... Girl... that's a whole 'nother post you speaking on but you're absolutely right, I've had to put myself 1st. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Well, the process you've just described is all about being a responsible adult. A process that eludes many for a lifetime so its refreshing to see younger folks coming into this realm sooner rather than later. You are definitely headed away from a life of chaos and confusion; and towards a life with more peace and joy. Congratulations!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

CHEERING FOR YOU!

Just remember to be kind to yourself!

((HUGS))

Don said...

Nice and inspiring post.

First things first, I needed to be on time - for everything.

After reading I see why there's little or no coincidence concerning how, during the times where I am wise with my time - much is accomplished.

Dee said...

very nice. . .it is my intent to show up on time also. It's easy for me to get hostile and say they don't pay me enough but I accepted the pay rate and the work so I have to live up to my end of the bargain