Tuesday, October 26, 2010

rainbows and such...


i really do appreciate the little things, such as:
hello/good morning/good evening/or a compliment from a stranger...
"thank you" for a job well done...
a quiet day at work...
watching butterflies...
good and creamy vanilla ice cream...
warm days and crisp nights...
hot tea - no milk, no sugar...
homemade mashed potatoes...
coffee with milk and sugar...
autumn leaves...
reggae music...
the steel drum...
good reading...

but... sometimes we get so caught up... so clouded... so run down that we can't even see the little things.
about a month ago i was leaving work, en route to church and i was running. running to the one train, to another train and then finally a bus that would get me closer to church with very little walking. i was hoping that each mode of transportation arrived on time, in sync so that i would get to my destination timely. when i got to the bus, my last transfer, (YES!) the bus was on time and as i began to board, my friend kept telling me to look up and i ignored her. finally i did and lo and behold there was the biggest, boldest, most beautifullest rainbow. i would not have seen it. i would have gotten on the bus and worried about the time but i am sure i would not have looked up.

i am glad i did.

it had been raining like crazy and that evening we finally had a break in the weather. the sky was perfect and blue and God had gifted His children with a beautiful rainbow. in the midst of my life and my running and trying to do and be so much, that rainbow signified that everything is always going to be all right...






5 comments:

Jakki said...

Perfect and on time words to live by...

Mizrepresent said...

Just beautiful lady! I so love to see a rainbow...it just makes my day...it is the promise :) Have a great week!

Just Kel said...

Thank you Jakki!

Me too Miz & yes it is "the promise" that made me relax and smile.

May both of you ladies have a great week as well!

Don said...

Good read and I am sure it was an even greater feeling. Something kinda like this has happened to me as well, here and there.

Agreed. Even amongst the rain there is always a reminder that one day the Sun will reappear and bring much anticipated light into the world.

I guess we all just have to look for it, and realize when it's before our eyes.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Kia -- I appreciate your words on the miracle of tears (http://wordsitype.blogspot.com/2009/03/miracle-of-tears.html) which I found when I searched "miracle of tears" for my upcoming website and blog devoted to liberating The Gift of Tears for health and happiness. May I link your post on that topic? Blessings, Lee (lee@speakingcircles.com)