Monday, December 17, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

My Favorite Beverages...

  • Water
  • Coffee with cream & lots of sugar
  • Screwdrivers
My Favorite Authors (to date)...

  • Bernice L. McFadden books and her alter-ego Geneva Holliday
  • Shawne Johnson (Getting Our Breath Back) - This book took my breath a-way
  • Walter Mosley... Can't believe Easy is gone
My Favorite Colors...

  • Red
  • Black
  • Green
My Favorite Movies...

  • The Color Purple
  • Purple Rain
  • Claudine

My Favorite Lyrics...

  • "What you want might make you cry, What you need might pass you by, If you don't catch it, And what you need ironically, Will turn out what you want to be, If you just let it"- Lauryn Hill, "When It Hurts So Bad"
  • “If'n nobody told ya brotha, I'm here to let you know that, You're so wonderful, You're so marvelous, You're so beautiful, Splendid, You're fabulous, Brilliantly blessed in every way, Ya'll can't touch we” –Jill Scott, "Brotha"
  • “What goes around, comes around, What goes up, must come down, Things you do, come back to you” –Angie Stone, "No More Rain (In This Cloud)"

My Favorite Quotes...

  • "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean." -Maya Angelou
  • "Love... It surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be." -Kahlil Gibran
  • "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness." -Oprah Winfrey

No comments: