I feel so full. I know exactly why and I can only pray to take this joy I have and enfold it, store it and keep it close to me.
* It's after 4 in morning and I'm still up. I was asleep earlier but I received a phone call that kept me up for hours and now I sit in front of this pc.
* There's this Sister Circle that my church holds every month and I didn't attend last months because I had something else very important to do but one of the points brought up was when you're facing someone or something that's about to try your patience, don't let it. Instead smile and think of how God's goodness in your life.
* My co-worker CB, her mother, Mama B., shared wisdom with her the other day that she shared with me. To piggyback she said, "Don't worry about the man in the relationship, worry about you, being a better you, your best you. Take care of yourself, put yourself in the number one spot, lock it in and never let another occupy the space other than you." (I know CB, I piggy-backed big time!)
* As a girl child, I never wanted to see my mother cry, nor did I want to see my father cry. By witnessing my parent crying, it signaled that everything was not okay, that if mama or daddy couldn't hold it together, then no one could. But as a woman child, I know that it is necessary to cry, to release. Crying is cleansing like rain. Crying brings healing and clarity. So to my father, may he have a good cry as we say goodnight to my grandmother. Inspired by Lovebabz.
* I have seen Boris Kodjoe on 42nd Street, Tyson Beckford on 42nd and Broadway, Denzel in the Library across the street, Common on 46th and Broadway, AJ on 45th and Broadway, Hill Harper in BBQ's and 72nd Street by Columbus Avenue, Sean P. Diddy Combs in Justin's and Tyrese Gibson right outside my job and my swagger was in tact. But if I ever meet Andre Benjamin... All I want is for that man to whisper in my ear, just tickle my ear drums, give my a kiss on the cheek and a pat on my booty - I'll be so fine.
* My mother used to say to me, be careful what you ask for because God is a good God, he blesses the just and the unjust and he will answer your prayers. With that being said, I released it to the universe, made my requests known to God.... all I know is I completed my love list September 4, 2008 and let's just say that my cup is running over.
** It is so funny. Because I'm feeling full right now and I can't sleep, I get right on the pc and I type. I typed in my online journal and then I went blog hopping. I was lead to Lovebabz, MzTeeJaye, Brandi Bates and Kay C. The Quiet Storm. There are no accidents and no such thing as coincidence. Ladies, your way with words, your feelings, your expressions are blessings to me. Thank you.