Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Tell The Business....


I don't do it purposefully or maliciously... but I tell my friend's business. I do.

I am sure we all do. You know how you're talking and someone says something and you chime in with... I have a friend who does that or went through that.

Well I do that sometimes too... but mostly, I share my friend's stories & experiences. I know, should they come through and read this, they won't appreciate me telling the business like I do but I can assure them... their story can and has made somebody else feel better.

Now I would and I do share my own experiences. Out of my co-workers and friend , I have dated the most and I think I have and give great dating advice. But just yesterday when I was talking about the types that I attract, I was gonna talk about the types that my friend DC attracts, which are hella better than mine. While I attract "potential dudes", my homie attracts "established dudes"... that's a post for another day. And to tell her business... but it doesn't matter what kinda dude she attracts, she likes girls now... See how effortlessly her story spills out of my mouth... or outta my mind and on to this blog...

I know it's wrong of me... and I credit myself on being a person who thinks before she speaks. I do choose my words wisely. But there are times... and those times are plenty... when some words spill forth...

Now I do have some colorful stories to share... and I do. Those who are close to me and even those not so close... get a dose of "life story". Sometimes my stories are hilarious and sometimes they are painful... however I get bored with my stories... and I find that my friend's experiences are much more extraordinary.

Should they share my stories, I wouldn't mind... but I know me telling their stories... without their permission is not always cool... and I have gotten reprimanded a time or two so I know it does cause a bother... So I stand convicted and I vow to be mindful...

"Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips."



6 comments:

MzNewy said...

LOL glad to see you are still blogging...yeah sometimes our friends/family/co-workers make excellent blog fodder...we just have to know how not to cross the line. :)

Just Kel said...

MzNewy... Most of what I say, they won't mind... but I'm not always careful and there are times when I get the evil eye for being loose lipped.

Yes Ma, I'm still blogging. Not as regular but I'm getting my wind back...

Unknown said...

Oh I am very guilty of this. Matter of fact I want to share a few stories now on my blog about some people but, one is reading my blog and would know I was writing about him.

I do try to mask some people identities.

It's like I can't stop myself.

So, to solve this I will just write about people I could care less about and tell all their business.
HAHA.

Just Kel said...

Queen... LOL - Lemme find out we have even more in common!

ChpterReads said...

I confess I do the same, but sometimes you need that added story to get the jist of things. Lately I have been the brunt of all bad things that come with sharing someone's story and it has come back to bite me on the ass. Lets just say that last tid-bit from the bible hits home..

Its ok to Tell a friends story or two (just don't give names) but do it to those who can use it for their own benefit, and know whose story to tell.. other than that if its not beneficial.. girl in the words of Madea " Put the SHUT to the UP!"

Just Kel said...

Liryc... I know you get me Mama! I am sorry to hear you caught some brunt. Don't worry, with friends (true friends) there is always forgiveness. You know my girl DC gets her stories told all the time because there is much drama to tell but still I must be careful, be mindful and share only when it's beneficial.