Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things I've Learned

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

As the holiday season and the ending of this year is upon us, I am feeling reflective. After my issues with Saki and being volatile for the past couple of days, today I took the morning off to handle some around the house business but also because I needed to slow my thinking down and clear out my mental space. Lately I've been exhausted, bloated, unmotivated and bored but through it all, I'm filled with so much joy and I know that though life is a cycle and there are some unmotivated moments, boring moments, tiring times yet we are still moving, growing, improving. This year so many changes have taken place in my life and especially in my personal maturation so today I post what I've learned...

I've learned that:
  • Time is precious and the present moment is a gift
  • Life is ALL about choices
  • When you don't make choices in your life, you live by default
  • Cherish those you treasure
  • Anger is contagious
  • Give your time and energy to people and things that are worthy
  • “Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character.Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.” -Frank Outlaw
  • Repeat venting destroys the possible opportunity for healing
  • Don't hold on to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and distance you from love
  • “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” -Lou Holtz
  • Love is self-empowering
  • When you first trust yourself, it's easy to trust others

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I've learned about myself...

I've learned that:

  • When I trust in God, it really does make life easier
  • I react first and think later
  • I am a more loving woman when I'm in a stable relationship
  • I am extremely and inexplicably sensitive
  • I am interested in other people's lives (Some call it being nosy but wHaTeVeR!)
  • I have a secret love affair with stationery of any kind
  • I am temperamental
  • I become bored very easily
  • I appreciate quiet moments
  • I cannot cook breakfast meals of any sort - Well I can cook them but I won't serve them to anyone but myself
  • I am Queen Procrastinator
  • I am hardly on time for anything except if I plan it and organize it days in advance
  • I do not know it all - LOL
  • I'm still learning about myself

1 comment:

ChpterReads said...

I think I may have you beat at the procrastination thing. Because here i am commenting on your blog instead of finishing up my project that is due for class tomorrow evening. But I just wanted to clarify that I think I may have you beat in the procrastination department. Ok, now back to work.. (me talking to myself)