The girl that I like
Is very unlady like
Yet, perfect for me
I was looking over this book I bought from the Library Bookshop one day titled "As A Lady Would Say" and I realized that sometimes I'm not all that lady like. Sure I walk the walk. I dress like a lady. I style my hair like a lady. But my talk may not always be lady like. But then sometimes it is and for that I'm proud. I am able to see how and where I've matured but I see where I can grow some more.
Here are a few of the 61 things every well-spoken lady knows....
1. A lady knows how to begin a conversation.
2. Although a lady would never provoke an unpleasant confrontation, she knows how to deal with one.
3. A lady always thinks before she speaks.
4. Although a lady does not fret over the past, she also thinks after she speaks, assessing the correctness of her behavior.
5. If a lady realizes, in retrospect, that she is guilty of an unintentionally rude or thoughtless remark, she attempts to set the matter straight, at her earliest opportunity.
6. If a lady is subjected to a rude remark or rude behavior, she does not offer rudeness in return.
7. A lady allows others to finish their sentences. Even in her most brilliant moments, she does not interrupt others, no matter how dull their opinions might be - or how many times she may have heard their stories before.
8. A lady does not talk with her mouth full -- even over the phone.
9. A lady does not take part in major arguments over minor issues.
10. When a lady learns that two friends are to be married, she tells the groom-to-be, "Congratulations", and offers her "Best Wishes" to the soon-to-be bride.
11. A lady is slow to judge the actions of others, in either their public or their private affairs.
12. Although a lady knows how to assert herself, she also knows when to keep her opinions to herself.