I'm home from work still (Thank God) and I'm feeling restless. I know I'm not excited about going back to work tomorrow nor do I want to rip and run the streets of the Bronx. However I am bored...
I haven't taken a vacation this year and I don't consider going down to my guy's hometown vacation time. We usually drive the 16-18 hour trek to Smalltown, South Carolina, which makes me think of songs like this and I want to nap the entire time I'm there. I'm a city girl! Though I do love the fresh air and natural beauty. After we drive the 16-18 hours back and my legs look more like thighs - lol - from sitting and retaining fluid, I need another vacation.
Today I've just been sitting and vegging out, watching talk shows and reruns of MTV and VH1 reality shows thinking to myself... there's got to be more! How in the world did I become one of those boring women with nothing to talk about except for celebrity gossip and complaining about my man?!?! I can't be serious!
So I went out to the park for some sun and took my journal to jot down the 10 things I want to do. At first I was going to write the 10 things I want to do before it's too late but really, it's never too late to do anything anymore. So here goes:
10. Mother a child... At 32, I don't know if it's my destiny to give birth but I know that doesn't prevent me from mothering a child.
9. Take a belly dancing class... At first I wanted to take another yoga class but I've done yoga, now I want to do something new...
8. Learn to sew... I can mend a pair of pants or sew on a button but I want to learn how to make a pocketbook out of a pair of jeans, make a hat from a shirt or turn an old pair of jeans into a funky denim skirt.
7. Learn conversational Spanish... It's crazy that I took Spanish from the 4th grade through 12th grade and can only speak and understand bits and pieces. If you don't use it, you certainly do lose it. But living in New York and especially The Bronx, I should already know it.
6. Attend Olympics 2012... Me and Mr. Senegal have already decided to go together. I don't know how my guy is going to feel about that but I'll get to that then lol... I was so hyped by this year's Olympics that I'm ready to book the next one right now.
5. Spend a weekend in Paris... I could do longer but the truth is after the 2nd or 3rd day, I'm gonna want to be home or somewhere else so 2 or 3 days is all I will need.
4. Take massuese lessons... Doesn't everyone love a good massage? I just love relaxation, stress relief, and detoxification and what better way to achieve that but through the human touch. Plus I could probably make a little extra dough on the side...
3. Start an e-card or a regular greeting card business... I am actually very excited by this. E-cards/Greeting cards with a cultural flair. I have so many ideas for this and I know it's gonna be hot!
2. Develop a regular meditation practice daily... I usually set out to do this, do this one or two times and then drop it but I would like to do it regularly, making it a lifestyle change.
1. Enroll in a creative writing course... I visit the Gotham Writers site about once a month but it's the money factor right now that prevents me.
*Bonus... Conquer my fears. One of my friends owns a home cleaning business and when she cleans someone's home, she removes them from their space, which allows her the freedom of getting rid of all of their junk. That's how I feel... like I want to be removed from all of the things and negative energy that prevent me from accomplishing the interests in my heart - do things without the fear of failing or not being good enough.