Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's A Love Song Kind of a Day


So I'm listening to Pandora while I am busting out my work and I couldn't be prouder of myself because I'm finally making a dent in the pile on my desk when I realize that Pandora is playing only love songs.


Even on my OutKast station, which played "I'll Call Before I Come" (an exception) and "The Way You Move" before I shuffled around. Every station that I have from Alanis Morrisette to Raphael Saadiq - sappy, sappy, sappy.


Truth is, I'm a love song kinda girl. I just want something hardcore in my ears. Something rough, something raucous, something to take away the bad feeling I have been feeling all day. The bad feeling that I simply cannot pinpoint. It could be the murky weather, the fact that I was late in to work (later than usual), it could be the gray and black that I have on... whatever it is, I just want some stimulating music to bash it all out.


Stimulating music to cause me to dance in my seat not provoke eye water... but then it hit me... how about I not get frustrated with the games that Pandora.com is playing, maybe I should go with the flow? And if that means that they play a song like Musiq (Soulchild's) "Love", Mario's "Let Me Love You", BBD's "When Will I See You Smile Again", Missy's "Crazy Feelings", Jill Scott's "Is It The Way" or "Lifetime" by Maxwell, then so be it and I'll let the tears fall if they come.

No comments: