Sunday, July 6, 2008

Random K Thoughts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day weekend!

Tofunky
I didn't grill on Friday. I cooked in the house and I must say that my potato salad, spinach, grilled not beef burgers and not chicken buffalo wings were slamming. What I'm not feeling is Tofurky. I've been eating "not meat" for the past 2 months and it's been simply hard, which is part of the reason why me and boyfriend didn't venture to any cookouts. Right about now I'm tempted to eat some ribs and burgers and it's safe to stay home. Most of the "not meat" is good though. Morningstar does their thing with Chik patties, Grilling burgers, Corndogs and Sausage patties. However the Tofurky hot dogs went straight to the garbage. It's supposed to be soy hot dogs but for me it tastes indescribable and before I ate it just to not waste food, I dumped them.

Twilight Zone
If anyone knows me, I mean really knows me, they know I love the Twilight Zone. The SciFi channel runs marathons every New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and every July 4th Eve and July 4th Day. I've seen just about every episode and I rewatch them over and over again. The black and white, older episodes ONLY! None of those studio taped episodes and definitely not the modern ones!

Gotta Get a Bigger Bootie
I told myself that this would be the year that I finally booked a trip to the Essence Music Fest, especially with performances by Mint Condition, Ledisi, Mary J. and many others. However I didn't make plans for it :(.
One of my on-the-job husbands went down and I'm pretty sure his venture had nothing to do with the performances. Before he left, he made it his business to see me. I was a little annoyed by him going because I'm a jealous on-the-job wife but by the end of the visit I was in a better mood. He told me that he'll be thinking of me the entire time.
Not too long ago, I got a phone call from him. He's in good spirits. He's laughing and joking. And then he tells me, "Yo K, you have nothing on these women down here". (For a second, I thought he was complimenting me) Then he says, "They have gigantic, Serengeti booties. I don't know what we're going to do but you got to get your bootie up to their level". I said, "Thanks J. I see you've been thinking of me, just like you promised. See you tomorrow at work", and then I hung up. I'm so glad that our relationship is simply fictitious.... I'm looking back at my bootie right now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say, I think you bootie is just fine. Girl you need a beeper on that when you back it up...lol (you know I love you) Please dont kill me when you see me. You missed two BBQ's I have had at my crib punk, and now I see why. You better stop by for the end of the summer BBQ in August, and bring your boyfriend with you.

Just Kel said...

Divine... you know I'm coming to the August BBQ and I'm so not your friend. I never heard back from you on Friday & you know I was in a crisis.

About the bootie - thank you sweetie. You know I love bootie compliments. I'm fine with my junk, lol. But you know ass is ass. It doesn't speak to a person's character. Which makes me wonder, why is he my on-the-job husband? Is that all he sees me for?

Unknown said...

I am trying the no meat thing and failing. I have cut in down to maybe once or twice a week.

Twilight zone. I use to like that show when I was younger. I don't see it now. I don't have the sci-fi channell. (did I spell that correctly?)

I need a bigger bootie. And the little I got is disappearing with exercise. I can't win.

Just Kel said...

Sharon... I'm doing fairly well with "not meat" but the temptation is always with me.

Only twice a year do I indulge in Twilight Zone. If it came on more, I probably wouldn't watch it at all.

Bootie is bootie. It looks great but in the end, it's not a deal maker or breaker...